Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Layouts

Hello and welcome to my blog. I have 2 layouts today, both are for challenges at Swirlydoos, and both are made with the Divine Noel Kit. The first one is called JOY, and it is a photo of me and my daughter. The challenge is to use many layers for a holiday design, but not a holiday photo.
I distressed all of the layers and did some scrunching here and there on this layout. I used chalks and inks on the folds for effect. I printed out the butterflies and used stickles on them.
The vine is from Petaloo and it just finished off this layout.
The next layout is called Oh Night Divine and was also made with the kit for the butterfly challenge. It is a photo of my grandson, Johnathan…he is just so cute, love the look on his face and his hair is always so wild. I did a lot of fussy cutting on the main IOD paper and used pop ups to give it the shadow box effect.
There was a huge poinsettia in the kit that I cut up to make the leaves and the butterflies. I made the two larger flowers in the cluster. I added some stickles to the leaves I cut out and after adding some Prima leaves I added some berries from the poinsettia as well.
I painted and stickled a Dusty Attic swirl in the top corner and added some berries to it as well. My first piece of DA and I was so excited to get some finally.
Thanks for stopping in to take a peek. I hope that you all have a great week. Now back to some decorating for me….I hope I can get lots done today. Feel free to leave some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J