Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Special Delivery

Hello and welcome to my blog. I have a new member of my family recently and I am doing a few layouts for my niece and their new baby. For this one I used my Swirlydoos Curio kit. Talk about beautiful papers. At first I thought they looked a little busy, but I am loving them.
I punched around the outside paper and used lots of layers and distressing on this layout. The cute little envelopes came with the kit. I made the orange flowers myself and added a few from my stash. I distressed some of the layers and used some chalk inks on the edges of them.
In the close up below you can see the fussy cutting that I did with one of the papers to get the flowers. I used pop ups on them to make them stand out. The lettering I just printed out and inked. The bird is also a cut out from the kit papers. I used some liquid pearls to make the swirls.
This kit is really just so beautiful and I think I am going to get a good dozen layouts done from it. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek, I hope that you all have a great New Year . Feel free to leave some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

1 comment:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wow my friend what a precious LO,everything is so so pretty,the pic,your handmade flowers,well everything!!!