Thursday, December 23, 2010

Timeless

Only 2 more sleeps now…hehe …yippee!!! I got my curio kit from Swirlydoos and I am probably going to be doing lots of layouts over the holidays with it. It has a vintage feel to it so I might do quite a few heritage layouts. This is a photo of my mom and dad when they were young.
I painted the Dusty Attic chippy with acrylic and then used some stickles on it. I did water distressing on the outer edge of that paper and some chalking and inking on it as well. The bird I cut out and added some stickles to it.
I made the blue flowers and the fan flower, the other flowers are from Petaloo, and the blue gems are from Tiffany’s Treasure. The gems in the corners are from my stash, as well as the tulle and ribbon. You can use the Swirlydoos link to get to the flower tutorial.
I added more flowers, a gem and another bird in the top corner and a Prima Say it with Pearls in various areas on the layout.
I love the papers in the collection and cant wait to get into the next layout. Thank you so much for stopping by for a peek. I hope that each and every one of you has a fantastic Christmas and please stay safe and warm. Feel free to leave some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

1 comment:

Camilla Ekman said...

Beautiful and stunning work, Shona! Congrats on your feature!