Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Wow a new year, 2011, hard to believe how fast 2010 went. I have made a resolution to make 150 layouts in 2011 so I better start off the New Year with one.  This is a photo of my granddaughter Kylee.  I used my Swirlydoos Curio kit. She is watching her dad play baseball in these photos….so cute, and such a daddy’s girl.

I distressed and inked the back to layers and I water distressed the top yellow layer. . I made the larger flowers myself, a great tutorial at Swirlydoos, and did a lot of cut outs and used pop ups for the other flowers. I PROMISE to try different flowers next time..hehe..I know I am kinda hooked on these ones!

The kit came with these cool rub ons with rhinestones in them. I tucked in some lace here in there behind the top layer.

Another great tut at Swirlydoos is the punched circle one. I did that in this layout. In the photo below you can see the butterflies that I printed out, and used gems and stickles on. There is also a better close up of the lace.

Again Happy New Year and I hope that you all have a fantastic year. My next layout...I am going to try my hand at quilling! That should be interesting???????   LOL Thanks for stopping in for a peek and feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

7 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful Shona!

Cindy Gay said...

Kylee is lovely. The design is very nice. Great job! Happy New Year!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

I wish you the best for 2011!!!!
Your layout is simply stunning,so so pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

The details are so beautiful. The design is awesome.

jannekevanveen said...

wouw it's beautiful i love it greetings Janneke

Heather said...

Congrats on Layout of the week!

Michelle Boustedt said...

Beautiful work Shona! Happy New Year to you! Your page looks great, btw!! Michelle

http://chellethescrapper.blogspot.com/