Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Two Cards

Happy Wednesday to everyone!!! I have decided to make a few cards every so often to have on hand when I need them. Nothing worse than needing a card at the last moment and you cant even get to a store to get one, and besides, home made ones have so much more meaning to them. The first card is called Forever Friends and is made with my Swirlydoos Basic Grey Curio kit.
I cut out the bird and added some stickles to it. The larger flower and the envelope also came with the kit as extras. I tucked in a couple yellow and orange Prima flowers behind the large flower and envelope. I inked around the edges and used a punch on the scalloped edge.
I used a flower/vine stamp behind the flower and added some gems on the card.
The next card I used Webster’s Pages Your Life. I did some cut outs and used pop ups on them. The flowers are from Petaloo and I also have a painted chippy behind the center flower.
You can see a close up of the flowers and the faux stitching that I did around the edges and I added some lace to the title section.
In this close up you can see the stickles and liquid pearls that I used.
Thanks for stopping in for a peek and feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

2 comments:

Denise said...

Those are just darling!! Love the Curio line. Cute details..love them!!

gretheB said...

lovely cards - I enjoy the inspiration with swirlydoos materials.you make some really wonderful things. I make cards, and I am looking for ideas with my swirlydoos materials for cards, and I also enjoy the details in your work