Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Little Angel

I GOT MY SWIRLYDOOS KIT!!!!!! Wow and I got so many other goodies with it too! The March kit is called “Cabaret” and it is loaded with so many goodies and lots of brand new Prima. YUMMS!! Ok so I am running a smidgy behind this month with challenges so I have killed 3 birds with one stone, so to speak, with this layout. This layout was done for the Butterfly Challenge at Swirlydoos, the Color Room #49 palette, and the March sketch at Dusty Attic. I call it “Little Angel” and the photo is my sweet little grand daughter Kylee. She had just had a little cry a moment before I took this photo and her eyes were all watery awwww.
I really love these new Prima papers, they are nice and thick and great for distressing. I distressed all of the layers of paper on this layout and then I did some machine stitching.










The next step was to use one of my new Prima Masks. I used some charcoal inks and did the mask in the middle of the page. I love the look of it on the dark purple burgundy paper. You can also see some punch work around the photo mat on this close up.

I printed out the butterflies then cut them out and added some stickles and ZVA crystals to them. The flowers are from one of the new Prima Vines. I cut it in half to use on two sections of this layout. The black flowers are from my stash, and the feathers came with my March kit. The DA pieces at the top and bottom are cut from one larger piece. I first inked them with pink and charcoal chalks, than I used Glossy Accents on them. I added some pearls to them to finish them off.


The title DA piece was done the same way, but I added some stickles to it when it was completely dry. I love the way this layout turned out, it is so rich in color and has just the right amount of embellishments on it. I actually have one more layout ready too but I will save that one for tomorrow…..I think I want to add one more little thing to it first.


Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J



2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this page all the sweet details and a stunning picture.
byebye,lean

Karen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous Shona!!! Love its design!!!