Sunday, June 12, 2011

Getting My Glitz On!!!

Happy Sunday everyone! And wow it is a beautiful day here today. I have to go do yard work now though, yuckies hehe. Ok so I will post this quickly and go get that done…are ya ready to Get Your Glitz On!!! I just love the collections from Glitz and I cant wait to get my new goodies…almost everything on this layout is from my Swirlydoos kits. The photo is my son and his nephew (my grandson ) just too cute the two of them. I used this months sketch from Glitz, the color palette from this week at The Color Room, flowers and Color Me Crazy goodies from Petaloo and some Dusty Attic. I did lots of layers, distressing, stamping and used some gesso here.

The hearts and frame are from the CMC collection with Petaloo. They are both painted white first, then I used some glimmer mists, smooch, crackle accents and some DA trinkets on the frame. You can really see the distressing and stitching in this close up. I tucked in a DA vine in the flowers here too.

I misted some crinkle seam binding for the bow in the flower cluster and used lots of Petaloo glowers and vines here.

In these next 2 close ups you can see the masking and gesso work that I did. I also used a brick stamp here and there. The title is from DA and I used smooch paints and glossy accents on it.


Here is a side shot where you can see all the layers of embellies.

Well that is it for today.  Tomorrow is reveal day for the Round Robin at Swirlydoos and this is my week, so I hope to post that tomorrow night. I hope that you have a fantastic week.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

11 comments:

Unknown said...

stunning! absolutely love this, with the brick stamp and the flowers! awesome color combo too

Yasmin said...

Looove the colors on this Layout!! Gorgeous!! :)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

WOW! LOVE this....LOVE the way you used Glitz and LOVE the flowers and the misting too. Shona ..I am so loving your style and your work. Keep up the good work.

Denise said...

Shona this is just way awesome!! I love love the misting, stamping...masking..just love it! Way creative girl!!

Vicky Alberto said...

Gorgeous lo and colors... I can't resist the Glitz sketch and will be giving it a go this weekend too!

Unknown said...

Another stunning page in everyway love the misting WOW

Bellaidea said...

beautiful layout!

Lea L. said...

So artistic and beautiful!! Thanks for playing in the "Get Your Glitz On" sketch challenge!!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! The misting is gorgeous and all of the elements are perfect!!

Audrey Yeager said...

Oh my gosh, your details are just amazing! I love the brick stamp pattern with the softness of the hearts and florals...so beautiful! Thanks for joining the monthly Glitz challenge!

Priscilla said...

Wow..this is simply precious..I just adore your picture and the use of your flowers..what great composition and color combo. Thank you for entering the Petaloo’s Color me Crazy Challenge. Your entry is just lovely. We will be emailing the winners & runner-ups on Wednesday July 27th ! And don’t forget to visit our Petaloo Youtube channel and website gallery for more ideas and inspiration. Good luck!
Priscilla :)
http://petaloo.typepad.com
Petaloo Products
Priscilla@petaloo.com