Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting My Glitz On!!! July

I am getting my Glitz on today again. This layout is a lift done for a challenge. Of course I added in lots of my own details to make it suit my style. This is also for this months challenge at Glitz. You have to use some stamping on the background….well I only have one Glitz stamp so far, so I did masking on the background and stamped the bird cage on cardstock and cut it out and tucked it into the flower cluster. The gorgeous papers are all from Glitz. The photo is my DH and grand daughter out on a walk.

In this close up you can see all the layers of goodies and the cute little big cage stamp that I used. You can also see all the distressing and the masking that I did.


I did some masking in the top corner under the Dusty Attic scroll pieces and added some flowers to it.

Here you can see the punch work and the title pieces. I altered them with glimmer glam and glimmer glaze and added some liquid pearls to the letters. I love my new butterfly punch and used it again on the layout.

Well that is it for today….I have some very special news to tell this week, and I am so excited to share.  Thanks again for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic week.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

10 comments:

Scossie Jane said...

A beautiful layout Shona. Love the colours, masking, MS punching, chipboard and flower clusters. Cool title too.... Hugs x

Unknown said...

amazing layout!! love everything, the masking on the background, the embellies cluster, the letters...

Bellaidea said...

very cool layout!

Lizzyc said...

Hi wow this is gorgeous.. love all the details.. lovely photo too.. all the effects really make for a stunning layout!xx have a great week!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the colors! Did you make a new design team??? Wouldn't surprise me if you did.. you have amazing talent!

Unknown said...

Another fabulous LO Shona, really love your masking and you made some wonderful trimmings. The picture of your DH and your granddaughter is adorable! And yes, Lynn is sooooo right, you ARE truly extremely talented!!!

Unknown said...

pssst i have read the news...cooooool!lucky girl!
Your page is a beauty and a sweet photo.
byeeee,lean

Nanne said...

Amazing layout Shona, I love your eye for detail (I'm sure I've said that before..LOL) I always enjoy looking at your background details, cause it just blows my mind..
hugs
Nanné

Unknown said...

Hey Shona!!!! Great news on the DT! Congratulation's! Love the rich red colors of this layout! Gorgeous details as always!

Jolaine Frias said...

Oh Shona! This is gorgeous! Love all the layers and beautiful details! Thanks so much for playing along!