Thursday, November 3, 2011

Why I Scrap

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. Wow it is Thursday already, where has this week gone! Just a quick post today to show you my layout for the challenge at Once Upon a Sketch. You have to journal about why and when you started to scrap, mine is written on the tag. I used one of the new gorgeous collections from Glitz for this layout. I did lots of sewing and distressing, used more goodies from my stash and a gorgeous stick pin from Angelica’s esty.  I am pretty proud of the journaling here…I usually cant come up with a title let alone journal J




In this close up you can see the large pink flower that I made. There is sewing around the outside and also on the two photo mats. I tucked a DA gate in the flower cluster and some Glitz papers behind the photo.




Here is a close up of the journaling tag that I made, and the gorgeous stick pin. The chippy words are also from DA.



Two more chippy words and you can see the punch work. I added liquid pearls here and there to finish the layout.



Ok well that is it for today.  I will be back tomorrow with my reveal from The Color Room.   Thanks again for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic week.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

23 comments:

Bellaidea said...

Beautiful girl, beautiful design, beautiful page!

Cindy Gay said...

Ahh! I'm proud of you too. Great journaling. Always a lovely layout!

phamil said...

Shona.....this is breathtaking! I just love it, and your flower is gorgeous! Such a pretty stick pin too!!! LOL, I have a think for them! I love everything. Thank you so much for joining us again at OUAS!!!

Irma said...

STUNNING! wow, just wow!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for joining us at OUAS this time around!

Bente Fagerberg said...

So much eyecandy. This is simply delightful,Shona!
Love all the different layers that create s much texture. And your sweet princess could make anybody want to scrapbook.Thanks for playing along again this week. Your work is so inspiring!

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous! I love the pop of color against the gray background! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lizzyc said...

HI.. this is really beautiful.. i love all the pretty details and such an adorable photo.. love your layout for this challenge...

Sandi Smith said...

So beautiful and your granddaughter is such a cutie!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Oh...Shona...I love how detailed your layouts are! You do such an amazing job each time!!! Gorgeous layout!!!Thanks for playing along again at OUAS!!!

Unknown said...

I think I may have the answer to your question Shona: Why you scrap? Easy, it's in your blood! And it shows every time I lay eyes on your gorgeous LOs! This one is no exception!! TFS!

Unknown said...

Sweet and lovely page you have made cool details.
byebye,Lean

Dianne H said...

Gorgeous sweet layout Shona. Gorgeous flower you made and I can relate to your journalling.

Unknown said...

Oh so very pretty...yummy! Great work..you are so inspiring

sandi said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the little detail....just stunning! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Eila Sandberg said...

Toot toot Shona! CONGRATS on winning the 15 October challenge over at UOAS! WTG! This one's really so gorgeous too! absolutely marvellous layering as always! xoxoxo

Jolaine Frias said...

This is gorgeous Shona! And congrats on winning today!

Unknown said...

Shona, your layout is as always very beautiful and full of gorgeous details! Thank you for playing along with us and Congrats on winning the Oct 15th challenge!!!!! Hugs ~Gerry~

Irini said...

Wow such a lusciou layout! LOL
love the details!!
thaks for playing with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
irini

mahlin said...

I LOVE all your details and the colors you´ve used.. so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us over att OUAS ...

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is incredibly beautiful yet again. Oh Shona. Every time I visit here i want to go away and scrap LOL! Love this. Thanks again for playing along.

Pamela said...

Wow!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at OUAS! :)

Maiko Kosugi (mai*) said...

Love your details!
So So beautiful page!
Thank you for playing along with us!

Jeni O'Connor said...

Wow wee Shone this is absolutley a stunner. Gorgeous pic and love all the setails you incorporated into the design. Thanks for joining in our challenge at OUAS
Awesome creativity girl.
Jenix