Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kenz **CT Flying Unicorn**

Hi everyone and Happy Hump Day! Today I have a layout to share that I have made for Tattered Angels week over at Flying Unicorn. I have used Authentique papers, a Dusty Attic sweet pea frame chippy and Tattered Angels products…all available in the Flying Unicorn Store. The photo is my daughter.

 The top corner piece is a fussy cut wing from some Donna Salazar paper that I have, and I made the rolled flowers from Laura’s tutorial at the Flying Unicorn, they were fun! The background I have used some gesso with a brick mask, than I did some misting on it. On the little hearts I have misted them too and added some DS fairy dust glitter to them.

 I also made the large flower and used some TA glimmer mists and then some chalk on the edges of them. The DA chippy frame is first painted white, than I used some glimmer glam and glimmer glazes to get the colors I wanted. They also add a real shine to finish off the chippy just perfectly. To finish off this project I added some burlap behind the photo and a big burlap bow.

Ok well that is it for today. I hope to see you all on Saturday for our Making it Work Blog Hop at the Flying Unicorn. There are lots of goodies to be given away during the hop! Thanks again for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic week.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous work as usual Shona!!! Love the textures and just every yummy detail!!!!

Nanne said...

oh wow Shona.. that is beautiful and adore your use of burlap..
Hugs
Nanné

Cindy Gay said...

I love the corner Shona!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Amazing work Shona. This is gorgeous!

Jeni O'Connor said...

Shona this is awesome. Love that smiley pic of your girl. She's gorgeous. Wonderful textured page. Love all the mixed media elements.
Jenix

Unknown said...

Not only does your daughter have the same bright smile as you, your page is a stunner, too! Love your rolled up flowers and other embellies, another job superbly done!!

Unknown said...

simply GORGEOUS! Your layering and painting work

hugs carla

Anonymous said...

Shona! I just love this LO! When I saw it on the Today page at Flying Unicorn, I could not figure out who it belonged to, and now I know.

AND... I was over on the Dusty Attic site trying to get ideas on the cottage window, and as I was clicking around I found a tut I really liked the sound of, and it was yours! Wow girl, you get around!

Back to the LO. Going to have to do some liftin' on this one. Just sayiin'...