Thursday, March 15, 2012

Loving Memories * SOUS *

TGIF! Yippee it is Friday…and today is another reveal day at Stuck on U Sketches and the gorgeous sketch is by the amazing Sandi Clarkson. I have used papers from my Feb Kit at Flying Unicorn.   I have done lots of distressing, inking and layers on this layout. The photo is my mom and I have scrapped it before but this layout will go to one of my kids in their next album from me.


The bird cage chippy is just painted in a peach color and I added some liquid pearls to it.

On the title tag I have added some crinkle seam binding a little metal key, a vintage button and a flower.

Close up of the flower cluster. I added in some pearls, a shabby chic piece from Prima and some butterflies punched from the paper scraps.

Here is a close up of the distressing and layers.

Well that is it for today. Come on over to the Stuck on U Sketches blog and play along with us, there is lots of inspiration there. I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend! Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful Shona!!! Love this!!

Lizzyc said...

this is really really beautiful..

Carole Wright said...

OH Shona, this is just too beautiful for words. Wow!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Gorgeous layout! I could just sit and look at your layouts for hours with all the beautiful and intricate details! Very lovely!

Bellaidea said...

Beautiful page, Shona!

Nanne said...

I mean seriously woman, this is mouth dropping GORGEOUS!! holy moly look at all that detail.. when I grow up, I wanna scrap like you..LOL Just Amazing as always, you never disappoint :)
hugs
Nanné

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a gorgeous page .. love the florals and added details .. and hey, I am joining in that Internet scream .. so excited about about the new DT!!!! You will knock 'em dead!

Fern said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Shona!!!! Love the papers, and the details are amazing!!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!!

Andrea Amu said...

Mmm... what beautiful elements you've accented with here!
You sure can rock the florals! Such lovely work, Shona!

Cindy Gay said...

Happy Friday! Can't do better than scrapping your Mom! And she had a very talented daughter!

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous, love everything you used in this!!!!and love that sketch my friend

having a wonderful weekend

hugs carla

annette said...

Oh Shona this is divine .. love everything about it .. hugz X:)

Anonymous said...

Wow Wow Wow hun...this is SO pretty
and your extra photos taken are really great
because I think it does really show well what
this may look like IRL.
And its a big ol' perfecto for me!

=0)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mom, love her elegant picture and your layering is awesome, great details!

Kim said...

Your page is absolutely gorgeous! Love it:)
~Kim