Sunday, February 17, 2013

Easy Kroma Crackle **CT Flying Unicorn - Green Tara - SHIMMERZ


Hi everyone, and welcome to my blog! I recently purchased some Kroma Crackle from the Flying Unicorn store and read up on it. Apparently it has a long drying time for a couple of days to get the crackle effect BUT I found this article on the Kroma site on how to do it in 5 minutes, sooooo that is what I am showing you today!

Step One:

I have taken plain white cardstock for this layout and distressed the edges. Then I applied some Shimmerz Spritz in Cotton Candy.

 Step Two:

I now applied some Shimmerz Vibez Before Dawn to where I will be using the Kroma Crackle. I also let it run down the page some and added a few splats for a cool effect.

 Step Three:

Use a white glue and do a layer where you will be places the crackle.

 Step Four:

While the glue is wet I have added more Shimmerz Spritz Cotton Candy on top for colors. Now use  your heat tool and dry this on a low setting, It might take a couple of minutes.

Step Five:

Use your finger and spread around a nice thick layer of Kroma Crackle.

 Step Six:

Again use your heat tool on a low setting and start to dry this. You will see it start to turn white fairly quickly and the cracks will start to appear.

Here is the finished Crackle look.

And here is my layout that I have created with this background. I have used 13ARTS in the background, fussy cut some bricks for the top. I used some black gesso on the Green Tara flowers and black Gelatos around the edges to finish it off. I also used 2 of the new yummy Flying Unicorn Adornments pieces.
 
 
 
The flowers and trims are from Green Tara. I have used some Shimmerz to color some of them to match my layout colors.


 
I hope you enjoyed this quick way to use your Kroma Crackle and give it a try. Have a great week everyone and happy scrapping :)


9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful page Shona, really love the craquelure effect, amazing!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

wow this is so stunning my friend and thank you for this amazing tutorial ...for sure i give this a try it's look so cool !!!
oxox carla

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful your page and tutorial.
byebye,Lean

Tracey Gregory said...

This looks so fun! One more thing I have to buy,thanks!

Sandi Smith said...

wow...this looks awesome! Beautiful creation Shona!

Cindy Gay said...

I particularly love the border on this one!

Sharon Fritchman said...

thank you for sharing how you did the background, Shona! I love this page so much!!!!!

Keren Tamir said...

just one word STUNNING!!

Di Garling said...

You are on fire girl. WTG. Love this & love your tutorial too. Di xo