Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Journal Pages **Flying Unicorn March KOM**


Hi everyone!!!!!!! Shona here with my Flying Unicorn March Kit BAP….and I have decided to do 2 journal pages…still on my quest to do at least 2 pages a month hehe! Ok lets get started!


 
First off…..I used some Golden Gesso and covered the two pages.
 


Next I torn strips of papers from the kit and glued them on each page. As you can see I am going to get messy and like to put a piece of paper towel under my pages so they do not ruin the pages underneath.
 


I now use an old credit card or piece of cardboard to apply some gesso on top of the strips. Heat set this.


 
The kit comes with paints and Martha Stuart crackle so lets practice on a journal page with that. Apply a base coat of paint, this will be the color of the cracks showing through when done. I heat set mine.
 


Now apply a generous layer of the crackle medium. I use a sponge so that I do not stroke the gel too much. Let dry…or in my case I heat set as I am too stubborn to wait LOL!



Its time to add the white paint on top. Again I have used my sponge to spread this and did a generous layer of white paint. The cracks start to show immediately and the longer you wait the more appear….sooo cool! Let dry completely ( I heat set again hehe)
 


Next I used a sponge and some Golden Molding paste around the edges to blend in the crackle and add more texture.
 


Spray a bit of mist and quickly use a wet wipe to dab the color around. You can dry and also use a wet wipe to dab around some gesso to blend this in too.
 


I have used a Shimmerz mist here with a paint brush. Paint around the edges and add some drips. Heat set.
 


I have become addicted to stamping lately and everything I make I use them. I have  used a combination of last months Prima stitching stamps and the gorgeous stamps in this months kit. I know I am going to use them over and over again!
 


Grab some flowers and trims and embellishments from the kit and put it all together!
 


Here are the two pages and some close ups.
 

 
 
 

You can see the crackle blue peeking through here and there. Seriously journal pages are such a fabulous way to test and try out a new product or technique! This crackle is my fav of al time!

6 comments:

Jackie Plank said...

This is gorgeous!! I picked up some Golden Crackle paste the other day but it doesn't seem to want to work maybe I am not layering it on thick enough.

Unknown said...

Your journal looks amazing Shona, love these beautiful pages with their amazingly pretty details!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Cindy Gay said...

Really neat! Love those boys!

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous love the way you do MM!!

Unknown said...

beautiful work great colors thanks for showwing how to made!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous pages and such sweet photos, Shona!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace