Thursday, January 1, 2015

Time - Mixed Media Canvas with Shimmerz and the Flying Unicorn January Kit


Hello everyone..and Happy New Year to you all! I am always excited for a New Year and new beginnings..and new scrappy goodies is awesome too..so watch for new Shimmerz releases soon! Today I am up on the Shimmerz Blog and I have a canvas to share featuring some of my new favs from the last release with the accent pieces being some old vintage hinges and hangers and the Creative Embellishments chippy clock.  The canvas and lots of the pieces came in my Flying Unicorn January kit.



First I added everything to the canvas and a couple of coats of gesso. After that was dry I started to add some “Well Blue Me Down” and “Don’t Be Suede” Coloringz.
 

 
I just love that chippy clock from Creative Embellishments!
 


Let that dry and brush on more gesso.
 



Once I was all done I painted some “Brass Knuckles” Inklgingz on certain pieces and added some drops of it with a paint brush. It gave more detail to the stems and small pieces I wanted to accent more.  

 


One more close ups…such pretty colors and love that Shimmer!




That is all for today...take care and happy scrapping!

 


 


3 comments:

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

Wonderful mess, indeed!:D I love these colours!

Lynn said...

Such a stunning project! Love the colours and all those elements you chose. Have a very Happy New Year and Happy Scrappin!

Scraps of Elegance said...

I'm in love! This is spectacular Shona. I adore all the wonderful intricate layers and texture.