Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mixed Media Challenge - Flying Unicorn


Hi everyone! I am hosting the March Mid Month Mixed Media Challenge at the Flying Unicorn and here is my project. You can do journal pages, tags, cards, canvas’s…what ever you like as this is a free for all mixed media challenge. Just make sure to share what techniques you have used on your projects!
 

My project a canvas and here are the steps I did creating it. 
 


First I covered my canvas in Gesso and when that dried I added some lace fabric pieces with some Soft Gel. I also added some Finnabair Texture Paste in a few spots…put it on quite thick and let that air dry to get some nice cracks. The lace is just from an old tablecloth I cut up.
 


Add some masking with a 13 ARTS mask and some Golden Molding paste.
 


I pre painted a few flowers and Creative Embellishments pieces with gesso and added to the canvas.
 


Start added some color with some Shimmerz mists. I added water to keep this part not too dark.
 


Do some dry brushing with gesso over the embellishments. I also did it over the masking to make it pop more on the canvas.
 


Add brighter colors of Shimmerz mists.
 
 
 
 
Come on over to the Flying Unicorn forums and join in on the fun! Take care and happy Scrapping!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool page great tutorial to.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Beautiful job on this! Love doing these kinds of projects!

Unknown said...

wow girl. this piece is stunning!! all sorts of yumminess!

Lizzyc said...

This is stunning, really love the corner clusters, and the crackle on your back ground looks amazing.. love this..